CD - Nina & The Hot Spots - Monkey Business
The first longplayer by „Nina & the Hot Spots“ impressively documents which stylistic playground the German quintett feels most comfortable on: From Swing and Rockabilly up to Jump Blues and Jazz, the band confidently pulls out all the stops to explore every aspect of these Rock'n'Roll genres.
The album contains 13 songs, twelve of them self-penned. The punchy and organic sound was recorded live together in one room, mixed by themselves and refinely mastered at venerable Abbey Road Studios London.
For your listening pleasure: Play loud!
1. Hot Spot Boogie 03:29
2. This Cat's Sleeping (In A Big Bass Drum) 02:30
3. Can't Believe You're Gone 02:03
4. Monkey Business 03:30
5. Magic Fire 02:35
6. Cruisin' Baby 02:53
7. Pretty Face 02:47
8. Little Bit 03:00
9. Mars Marriage 02:44
10. Everytime 02:18
11. Barber Bop 02:05
12. The Day 02:36
13. Love 'n' Seduce 03:43
Running Time: 36:30 min.
Recorded at Groovebox Studio Germany
Recorded, Engineered & Mixed by Thias Salhab
Mastered by Alex Gordon at Abbey Road Studios, London
Nina & the Hot Spots was formed in 2012 in the southwest of Germany. Its members, a lead female vocalist and her four male bandmates on sax, guitar, double bass and drums, brand their mark on the sound of this compact 'small big band' and rock the house just like a huge orchestra, if not even more. They manage to turn every location into a sizzling and energetic dance floor. You can hear and see that the Hot Spots not only love and celebrate their music but also live and breathe it.
The band members boast many years of live performance experience and are no strangers to the music scene: Nina, for example, was a singer in the band "Flaming Dukes" and Thias is well known as the double bass player and singer of the "Blue Babies".
In spite of their relatively short history, the band have already appeared alongside acts such as The Peacocks, Boppin' B, Ted Herold and Van Morrison. Their gig locations range from hip and buzzing live clubs such as the historic Jazzkeller Krefeld, the Substage Karlsruhe and the Volkshaus Basel through to festivals such as the Duckstein Festival in Lübeck, the New Orleans meets St. Gallen festival Suisse, the Jazzopen Stuttgart, the Zelt-Musik-Festival Freiburg and a variety of vintage car festivals.
Their first self-penned song "Rockafamily" was released in June 2014 on the Ox-fanzine sampler. In the same year, "James Bond", their second original song, was released on the May compilation produced by DYNAMITE magazine. Both songs are now played by regional and online radio stations both in Germany and as far away as Spain on a regular basis. In 2015 the band published „Cha-Ching!“, their debut EP with five of their own songs. Their songs are played by international online radio stations as well as on records hops on a regular basis.
After their two year baby break, they restarted gigging and straightly recorded their new album „Monkey Business“. After one and a half years of production time during the pandemic, the longplayer will be released on 02 July 2021.
Christian Dietkron – Guitar, Backing Vocals
Nina Salhab – Lead Vocals, Bluesharp
Sebastian König – Drums, Backing Vocals
Thias Salhab – Double Bass, Backing Vocals
Uwe Pickardt – Sax
• “Dressed in an edgy combination of black and red with extravagant shoes, the female lead singer pulls out all the stops with her stunning voice ranging from deep roaring to sweet whispering and right through to ecstatic screaming. With so much professionalism both on the instruments and at the mic, combined with the band's full-blooded stage presence, it's no surprise that the crowd goes wild, gets loud and has a great time.” (Badische Zeitung)
• Nina & the Hot Spots were the real highlight of the event: The only female singer at the festival and her rockabilly band from Freiburg really got the crowd going. (Reutlinger Generalanzeiger)
• Last Friday, "Nina & the Hot Spots" got the crowd in the Schlosskeller whipped into a dancing frenzy. (Emmendinger Tor)
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Button - Busters - Stomper
CD - Hellabama Honky Tonks - Bang Boom Jubilee
CD - Brian Setzer Orchestra - King of Cool
CD - Busters - Sexy Money
CD-EP - Jordan's Drive - Jive Hard Mega Hard
You have to be logged in to write a review.
- No review available for this product.