If you don't get an e-mail with your access data, please make sure that you have already registered with us. As soon as you are registered, you can login with your e-mail address and your password.
In case you still have problems logging in, please turn to us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting Ripsaw was the late Jim Kirkhuff's idea, and I thank him for his inspiration and drive and for being such a good friend for so many years.
Jon "The Spider" Strong
20 Ripsaw tracks released on volume 5 of "Best Of Ripsaw" CD from germanys Part Records .
Ripsaw announces that Germany's Part Records has released 20 more hot rockin' RIPSAW tracks for a CD release entitled "The Best Of Ripsaw Vol. 5 (PART CD 650.028). This release follows up Part's November 2010, February 2012, March 2013, and May 2014 releases of the internationally praised Volumes 1, 2, 3, & 4 of the "Best Of Ripsaw Records" series (PART CD 650.005; 650.007; 650.009; 650.016).
Ripsaw is predominantly a roots Rock'n'Roll and rockabilly label. It has released highly acclaimed recordings by Marti Brom, Billy Hancock, The Uptown Rhythm Kings, Tex Rubinowitz, Martha Hull, Bobby Smith, Louie Setzer, and Kid Tater. Many of its artists are represented on the CD, as well as D.C.'s Danny & The Fat Boys, and Jimmy Cole, as well as upstate New York's Little Sister. Ripsaw's latest title was Louie Setzer's "Jukebox Bluegrass" CD (Ripsaw 224) that it released in collaboration with Rockville, Maryland's Patuxent Music in May 2015.
1. Flood Of Love - Tex Rubinowitz
2. Ubangi Stomp - Danny & The Fat Boys
3. Knee Deep In The Blues - Martí Brom
4. Redskin Rock'n'Roll - Billy Hancock & The Tennessee Rockets
5. Rock'n'Roll Radio (WHFS promo) - Tex Rubinowitz & The Bad Boys
6. Linda Lu - Tex Rubinowitz & The Bad Boys
7. I'm On Fire - Little Sister & The Local Boys
8. Mystery Train - Danny & The Fat Boys
9. WHFS-FM promo spot - Louie Setzer
10. Truck Driver's Queen - Louie Setzer
11. Take Your Time - Billy Hancock
12. Jukebox Living - Jimmy Cole
13. Seven Lonely Days - Martí Brom
14. Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain - Louie Setzer
15. I Called In Drunk Today - Jimmy Cole
16. No One Left To Turn To - Tex Rubinowitz
17. Tears for New Orleans - Billy Hancock
18. Tell Me Pretty Baby - The Uptown Rhythm Kings
19. American Music - Danny & The Fat Boys
20. Darling Lorraine - Tex Rubinowitz
21. The Trouble With Girls - Billy Hancock
22. Black Cadillac - Martí Brom
The Washington Area Music Association (WAMA) has nominated Ripsaw releases and artists frequently for its annual WAMMIE awards. WAMA awarded RIPSAW the 1990 Blues Recording of the Year for "OOOH-WOW!" by The Uptown Rhythm Kings (Ripsaw 222) and in 2005 it gave Ripsaw stalwart Billy Hancock a Special Recognition Award.
The CD contains seven short historical essays by renowned disc jockeys Weasel and Steve Hoffman, Eric Sheridan of The Uptown Rhythm Kings, Bob Newscaster, rockabilly guitarist extraordinaire and sideman for Billy Hancock and Tex Rubinowitz among others, as well as extensive liner notes by Jonathan Strong aka The Spider, producer or co-producer of five of the tracks and Ripsaw's owner, as well as previously unpublished photos of Ripsaw memorabilia.
Two tracks were recorded at Patuxent Music (Rockville Md, Tom Mindte, engineer), five at Bias Recording (Falls Church VA, Bob Dawson, engineer), four at Track Recorders (Silver Spring MD, Mark Greenhouse, John Fry, and Bill Mccullogh, engineers), three at Wally Cleaver Recording (Fredericksburg VA, Peter Bonta and Jeff Covert, engineers), one at No Evil Studio (Washington DC, PAUL WOLF, engineer), and one was recorded live at The Psychedellyclub (Bethesda MD, Roger Byrd, engineer). The album was mastered at Bias Recording (Springfield VA, Mike Monseur, engineer).
PART is a rockabilly and roots rock label. Over the past 20 years it has released many hot rocking CDs, including compilations containing first generation performers (Charlie Feathers, Rose Maddox), as well as by more recent rockers (Crazy Cavan, The Blasters).