10inch - Nina & The Hot Spots - Cha-Ching
"Cha-Ching!" With their debut EP, the five-piece band "Nina & the Hot Spots" from the German city of Freiburg present a musical recording that perfectly reflects their style of play: From rockabilly and swing through to country and blues, the band confidently pull out all the stops to explore every aspect of these rock 'n' roll genres.
1. Get Up 2:51
2. Rock Me Crazy 2:37
3. Schwing Dich 3:19
4. Farmer Girl 2:35
5. I'm In Love 2:45
The EP contains five brand-new self-penned songs featuring the punchy and authentic sound that clearly reflects the band's pure passion for music. For the finishing touches on this sound, the Hot Spots counted on the expertise of the guys at the Black Shack Studio in the town of Calw, one of the top addresses in Germany for rock 'n' roll recording. The combination of the studio's analog recording technology together with the vintage equipment and simultaneous recording of the band make the songs sound extremely organic and make you want to get up and dance straight away. The record is being released by the German label PART Records as a limited 10-inch vinyl disc and a digital download.
More about the songs on the EP:
1) "Get Up", the opening song, is a tribute to the heydays of swing in the 1940s, when the world of leisure and entertainment was characterized by big dance halls. As a mid-tempo jive tune in the style of Louis Jordan, the song has one clear message: come and join us and dance like there's no tomorrow!
2) The next song on the record is "Rock Me Crazy", a ragtime hit with gypsy swing influences that would be right at home on the dance floors of New Orleans.
3) With "Schwing Dich", the Hot Spots have ventured into the world of German-language music for the first time. This song is a musical declaration of love to the ancestors of German rock 'n' roll, for example Conny Froboes, Paul Würges, Peter Kraus and Ted Herold.
4) "Farmer Girl" is a classic country duet featuring rocking blues-harp melodies and nimble and super-fast fingerpicking. You can literally smell the hay and see the hillbilly boy galloping into the sunset with his arms wrapped around his very own farmer girl.
5) Last but not least comes "I?m In Love", an edgy blues tune that could have been recorded in a smoky run-down jazz club at five in the morning, just before the bartender kicked out the last guest.
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Hot Rod Aufkleber - Mr. Horsepower
Single - VA - Popular Romance - Los Helldandys / Fucking Buckaroos - Popular Romance (EP)
Single - Tennessee Rumblers - Down In Texas, Headin' South, Fire
Single - VA - Rockabilly Ladies Night Vol. 1
LP - Hipbone Slim & The Knee Tremblers - Snake Pit
You have to be logged in to write a review.
- No review available for this product.